Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Green Card: EB-1 - Frequently Asked Questions


What evidence must I provide as EB-1 ‘outstanding professor or researcher’?

Your EB-1 employment based green card petition as an ‘outstanding professor or researcher’ must be accompanied by:

  • Evidence that you are recognized internationally as outstanding in the academic field specified in the petition. Such evidence shall consist of at least two of the following:
  • Documentation of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field; or
  • Documentation of membership in associations in the academic field which require outstanding achievements of their members; or
  • Published material in professional publications written by others about your work in the academic field. Such material shall include the title, date, and author of the material, and any necessary translation; or
  • Evidence of your participation, either individually or on a panel, as the judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field; or
  • Evidence of your original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
  • Evidence of your authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the academic field.
  • Evidence that you have at least three years of experience in teaching and/or research in the academic field. Experience in teaching or research while working on an advanced degree will only be acceptable if:
  • You have acquired the degree; and
  • Teaching duties were such that you had full responsibility for the class taught or if the research conducted toward the degree has been recognized within the academic field as outstanding. Evidence of teaching and/or research experience shall be in the form of letters from current or former employers and must include
  1. Name, address and title of the writer
  2. Specific description of the duties performed by you
  • An offer of employment from a prospective U.S. employer. A Labor Certification is not required for this classification. The offer of employment shall be in the form of a letter from a:
  • U.S. university or institution of higher learning offering you a tenured or tenure-track teaching position in your academic field; or
  • U.S. university or institution of higher learning offering you a permanent research position in your academic field; or
  • Department, division, or institute of a private employer offering you a permanent research position in your academic field. The department, division, or institute must demonstrate that it:
  1. Employs at least three persons full time in research positions; and
  2. Has achieved documented accomplishments in an academic field
Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Immigration Lawyer Consultation: Get the Immigration Advice You Need
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation