Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

V-3 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What is V-3 dependent visa?

Yes, you may work on V-3 visa after obtaining a valid Employment Authorization Document. You must use Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to apply for a work permit.


Are there any travel restrictions on V-3 visa?

No, there are no travel restrictions on V-3 visa. As long as you possess a valid V-3 visa you may be inspected and admitted to the U.S. after traveling abroad. If you have a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, you do not need to obtain an Advance Parole prior to traveling out of the U.S.

Note: The departure of a V-3 nonimmigrant with a pending application for Adjustment of Status is not considered as the abandonment of the adjustment application upon departure.

Dependent Visa For US: E, H, I, J, L O and P Visas

Learn everything you need to know to secure a dependent visa.


What is the processing time of V-3 visa?

The processing time for V-3 visa is anything between three and six months from the date the application is made.


To apply for V-3 status in the U.S., you must:

To apply for V-3 status in the U.S., you must:

  • Show that you have been waiting since the last three years at least for the USCIS to act on your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Demonstrate you have not received a visa number in case the USCIS has approved your petition, or that your Adjustment of Status or immigrant visa is still pending
  • Submit completed Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, and Supplement A
  • Undergo a medical examination and submit Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens seeking Adjustment of Status, without the vaccination Supplement
  • Pay the application fee, or request a waiver of the application fee
  • Submit local documents establishing family relations (in some cases, testimonials to establish the truth of these relationships)
  • Submit evidence to establish that your health and criminal backgrounds meet standards sufficient to protect the American public
Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Family Immigration Lawyer Consultation: Get Immigration Advise Specific To Your Situation
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation