Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Frequently Asked Questions

Home  >  Immigration Law FAQ  >  Green Cards  >  Replace Green Card

Your Immigration Questions Answered by VisaPro.

Here, you will find detailed answers to many of most common immigration questions.

5. What are the documents I need to submit along with Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card?
       Your prior Permanent Resident Card or other evidence of identity. You must submit your original permanent resident card with your application unless it has been lost, stolen, destroyed or you never received it. If your card has an expiration date on it, and it is expiring, you will be required to present your card at the time of the in-person appearance, and may be required to submit the card with the application at that time. If you have been automatically converted to permanent resident status, you must attach your original temporary status document
       If you are not required to submit your original Permanent Resident Card, submit a copy if you have one. If you do not have a copy and are at least 18 years old, you must file your application with a copy of an identity document, such as a driver's license, passport or a copy of another document containing your name, date of birth,
photograph and signature
       You must submit two identical natural color photographs of yourself taken within 30 days of filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card. The photographs must have a white background, be unmounted, printed on thin paper and be glossy and unretouched. The photograph should show a full frontal view (passport style) with your head bare, unless you are wearing a headdress as required by a religious order of which you are a member. The photos should be no larger than 2 x 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about one and quarter inches. Lightly print your alien registration number on the back of each photo with a pencil
       If you are filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card, to register as a result of turning 14 years of age, you must be fingerprinted. After filing this application, USCIS will notify you in writing, of the time and location where you must go to be fingerprinted. Failure to appear to be fingerprinted may result in a denial of your application
       Correction or change in biographic data. If you are applying to replace a card because of a name change, you must submit a copy of a court order or marriage certificate reflecting the new name. To replace a card because of a change in any other biographic data, you must submit copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct. A replacement application based on administrative USCIS error must also include an explanation

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next

Need More HELP!

Get Personalized Legal Advice from a VisaPro Attorney
Browse Tips and Procedures about Specific Visas
Discover More about VisaPro Legal Services

Replace or Renew Green Card - Apply Online!
U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

More About Replace Green Card
Benefits of Replacing Green Card
Requirements for Replacing Green Card
Applying for Replacing Green Card
Duration of Stay

How can we help you?
How do I fill Form I-129?
When do I start Green Card?

Discuss US Immigration
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!

On this topic Replace Green Card

Green Card
U.S. Citizenship


Replace or Renew Green Card - Apply Online!
Our Replace Green Card application service includes:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances.
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your Replace Green Card application.
Accurate preparation of your Replace Green Card application.
Submission of your Replace Green Card application to the proper government agencies.
Online access to your case status.
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney.

Low Flat Fee: $195
Start Now

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!
1. Online Consultation
Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $79!
Consult Now

2. Telephone Consultation
Get a one half-hour telephone consultation with a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $75!
Consult Now