Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

R-2 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What is R-2 visa?

The R-2 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows the spouses and unmarried children of R-1 religious workers to enter into the U.S. and reside with their family.


How do I qualify for R2 visa?

To qualify for R-2 visa, you must be:

  • The spouse or unmarried child below 21 years of R-1 religious worker
  • Accompanying or joining the R-1 religious worker in the U.S.

What privileges do I enjoy on R-2 visa?

On R-2 visa, you may:

  • Engage in full time study in the U.S.
  • Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
  • Apply for Green Card

Dependent Visa For US: E, H, I, J, L O and P Visas

Learn everything you need to know to secure a dependent visa.


What are the limitations of R-2 visa?

On R-2 visa, you may not:

  • Work in the U.S.
  • Reside in the U.S. for a period longer than the principal R-1 visa holder

How long can I stay in the U.S. on R-2 dependent visa?

Your initial admission period on R-2 visa shall not exceed three years.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation