The R-1 religious worker visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals in religious occupations to enter into the U.S. and perform the duties of a religious worker.
You must be a foreign national who, for at least the two years immediately preceding the time of application for admission, have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the U.S.
How can I qualify as religious worker for R-1 visa?
To qualify for R-1 visa, you must be one of the following:
- Minister of religion
- Working in a professional capacity, either in a religious vocation or occupation
- Other religious worker working in a religious occupation or in a religious vocation
What privileges do I enjoy on R-1 visa?
- Engage in full time study in the U.S.
- Travel freely in and out of the U.S.
- Receive payment for services performed
- Apply for Green Card
- Apply for R-2 dependent visa for your spouse and unmarried children below 21 years