Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

O-2 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


Can I change employers on O-2 work visa?

Yes, you may change employers on O-2 visa, however, your new employer must file a new petition and request an O-2 visa extension of stay with the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over the new place of employment.

Note: An O-2 foreign national may change employers only in conjunction with a change of employment by the O-1 principal.

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


What is the employer's liability if the employment of the O-2 visa holder is terminated?

If the employment is terminated for reasons other than voluntary resignation, the U.S. employer is liable for reasonable cost of return transportation to your last place of residence prior to entry into the U.S.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
USA Work Visa Options J-1, H-1B Visa, O-1 Visa, TN Visa
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation