Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Labor Certification Under PERM - Frequently Asked Questions


What is the filing procedure for Labour Certification?

  • Employer files an application on behalf of the foreign worker
  • The application is filed on Application for Permanent Employment Certification, Form ETA-9089 with the foreign Labor Certification unit of the State Workforce Agency (SWA)

Can I file the Labor Certification application online?

Yes, the LCA Online System has been developed by the Division of Foreign Labor Certification to allow employers or their agents, who intend to employ alien worker(s) for a temporary period in professional occupations or as fashion models the ability to file LCAs - Form ETA-9035E, Labor Condition Application, with DOL via the web.

H1B Visa 2016 Timeline Template

A Step-by-Step Advice For Successful H1B Filing

What does the State Workforce Agency do with the filed foreign Labor Certification application?

The SWA reviews the description of job duties and evaluates the employer's stated minimum requirements for the job. Then it determines the prevailing rate of pay and gives the employer a chance to amend wages and/or requirements that do not comply with Labor Certification.


What does the SWA do after the employer files a recruitment report?

The SWA analyzes the employer's recruitment efforts and the employer's evaluation of the U.S. applicants, then advises of any deficiencies to be corrected and assembles the documentation to be forwarded to the regional office of the U.S. DOL.


What does the DOL regional certifying officer do with the application and supporting documentation once the SWA forwards it to the region?

Once the application and supporting documentation is forwarded to the regional office, the region will analyze the employer's application and either grant certification or issue a Notice of Findings (NOF – intent to deny). The decision is based on whether the employer has met the requirements of federal regulations governing the foreign Labor Certification program.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
PERM Labor Certification Process
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation