Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

L-2 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What is L2 visa?

The L2 visa allows the dependent spouse and minor, unmarried children of qualified
L-1 visa holders to enter into the U.S.


What privileges do I enjoy on L-2 visa?

On L-2 visa, you may:

  • Reside in the U.S. for the duration of the L-1 visa holder's authorized duration of stay
  • If your are an L-2 Spouse you may work on a full-time basis in the U.S. with proper employment authorization from the USCIS
  • Engage in full-time study in the U.S.
  • Travel in and out of the U.S. on short trips and return

Dependent Visa For US: E, H, I, J, L O and P Visas

Learn everything you need to know to secure a dependent visa.


What are the limitations of L-2 visa?

You may not apply for Employment Authorization if you are a dependent child on L-2 visa.


How long can I stay in the U.S. on L-2 visa?

You may stay as long as the primary L-1 visa holder maintains valid status, or up to a maximum of seven years, whichever is shorter.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation