The documents required for L-1 visa application are:
- Filled-in visa application Form DS-160
- One recent passport size photograph, 50mm X 50mm of each applicant showing full face without head covering against a light background
- A passport, valid for travel to the U.S. for at least six months longer than your intended visit
- Employee copy of Form I-797 Approval Notice
- Copy of Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant visa. This petition is filed with the USCIS by your employer and must be approved before you can apply for your L-1 Visa.
A petition is the process by which the USCIS determines that you meet the basic qualifications for a particular visa. It is through the L-1 petition process that the USCIS determines that you have the experience and background to qualify as an L-1 worker.