Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

K-4 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What happens if I have accrued unlawful presence in the U.S. before applying for a K-4 visa?

You would be subject to the three year bar if you have accrued more than 180 days and a 10-year bar if you have accrued one year or more of unlawful presence in the U.S. However, you are eligible to apply for a waiver.

Dependent Visa For US: E, H, I, J, L O and P Visas

Learn everything you need to know to secure a dependent visa.


Can I apply for K-4 visa if my immigrant visa interview has been scheduled?

No, you may not apply for K-4 visa if you have been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview, or if the Embassy or Consulate has received your approved immigrant visa petition, but not yet scheduled the immigrant visa interview. You are required to pursue your application for an immigrant visa.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation