Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

K-2 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


When can I apply for U.S. citizenship if I entered the country on
K-2 visa?

If you came to the U.S. on a K-2 visa, you may apply for citizenship five years after the approval of Adjustment of Status.

Note: However, depending on your age when your K-1 parent married the U.S. citizen, and your age when he or she becomes a naturalized citizen, you may be granted citizenship automatically.

Dependent Visa For US: E, H, I, J, L O and P Visas

Learn everything you need to know to secure a dependent visa.


How can I open a bank account or file income tax returns on K-2 status?

If you do not have a Social Security Number, you may alternatively obtain an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) which may be used for school purposes, opening up a bank account, or for filing income tax returns.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Can I Get Married On a Tourist Visa to a US Citizen?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation