Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

Replace I-94 or I-95 Form - Frequently Asked Questions


How do I apply to extend the period of time that I am allowed to stay in the U.S or change my current visa classification in the U.S.?

If you wish to extend your authorized period of stay in the U.S. or change your nonimmigrant status, you will need to file an Application to Extend /Change Nonimmigrant Status, Form I-539 with USCIS. You will be asked to submit your original I-94 Form upon filing the application.

If you were not given an I-94 Form when you were legally admitted to the U.S., you may file Form I-102. You will need to provide USCIS proof that you were legally admitted to the U.S. You should file Form I-102 at the same time you apply to extend your stay in the U.S. or change your immigrant status.

H1B Visa 2016 Timeline Template

A Step-by-Step Advice For Successful H1B Filing

What does the law say?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) governs the admission of all people to the U.S. For the part of the law concerning the admissions to the U.S., please see INA § 214. The applicable regulations are found in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) at 8 CFR § 231, 8 CFR § 235, and 8 CFR 264.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
Immigration Lawyer Consultation: Get the Immigration Advice You Need
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation