Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

H3 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What additional documents are required for H-3 visa?

The documents required with the H-3 petition are:

  • A description of the training program, staff, facilities, number of classroom hours per week, and the number of hours of on-the-job training per week
  • Details of the trainee participation in the program
  • Details of compensation to the trainee, if any
  • Reasons why a trainee needs the training
  • For Special education training progems:
    Evidence that the program provides special education to children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities, and that any custodial care of the children is only incidental to the training program

Note: If the documentation says that the foreign national is nearing the completion of a baccalaureate degree in special education, already holds such a degree, or has extensive experience in teaching children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities it would be an added advantage.

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


What should I do after my H-3 petition is accepted?

After the acceptance of the petition, you should file Form DS-160, Application for Nonimmigrant Visa, at the American Consulate near your residence along with the following documents:

  • Form I-797, Notice of Approval of the H-3 visa petition
  • Valid passport for you and each accompanying relative
  • One passport-type photo of you and each accompanying relative
  • Long form birth certificate for you and each accompanying relative
  • Marriage certificate if you are married and bringing your spouse
  • Documents showing that close family members or property are being left behind in your home country
  • Documents showing a job is waiting on your return to your home country

What is the processing time for H-3 visa?

The processing time for H-3 petition is about four to six weeks, and it takes one to three months to process the H-3 visa application.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation