Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

H3 Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


What is H3 visa?

The H-3 visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to receive training in a U.S. company. However, you may not come for a graduate program or medical training, and the training cannot be available in the trainee's home country.

Note: Special Exchange Visitors may also apply for nonimmigrant visas under the
H-3 category. A Special Exchange Visitor is one who seeks to enter the U.S. to gain practical training in educating children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. The foreign national must have a foreign residence that he/she has no intention of abandoning, and may stay in the U.S. for up to 18 months. Only 50 foreign nationals per year may enter into the U.S. in the Special Exchange Visitor category.


How do I qualify for H3 visa?

To qualify for H-3 visa, you must be coming to the U.S. to receive training in areas such as commerce, agriculture, government, professions, finance, agriculture, or in an industrial establishment. You must prove that:

  • You are not receiving graduate medical education or training in the U.S.
  • You do not have the opportunity to receive similar training in your home country
  • You need this training to advance your career outside the U.S.
  • You will not be productively employed unless it is necessary to the training
  • The training offered does not employ U.S. citizen and resident workers

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


What privileges do I enjoy on H-3 visa?

On H-3 visa, you may:

  • Enter into the U.S. and get trained in a professional capacity for a temporary period
  • Travel in and out of the U.S. or remain in the U.S. continuously during the validity of your H-3 visa
  • Bring your dependent spouse as well as unmarried children under 21 on
    H-4 visa
Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

Contact me for
FREE Visa Assessment

I'm not a robot

We value your privacy.

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation