Call Us Today: 202-787-1944
Contact Us Today For US Immigration Lawyer

H-1C Visa - Frequently Asked Questions


Where should I file my H-1C visa application?

  • If you are in a lawful status in the U.S., submit the visa application to a USCIS field office in the U.S.
  • If you are outside the U.S., submit the visa application to the American Consulate in your country

What is the processing time for H-1C visa?

The processing time for H-1C visa is generally between three and six weeks.

Working In The U.S. - Your Options

Learn everything you need to know about working in the U.S.


Can I bring my dependents on H-1C visa?

Yes, you may bring your dependents on H-1C visa. Your spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) are entitled to an H-4 visa and they may stay as long as you are on valid H-1C status.


Can my dependents work on H-4 visa?

No, they may not work on H-4 visa. They have to apply for appropriate Work Visa.


Can my dependents study on H-4 visa?

Yes, they may study on H-4 visa. They do not have to apply for separate Student Visa.

Still have questions?

Call Support

Talk to a VisaPro Attorney at 1-202-787-1944

Visit the Forums

Learn from our knowledgeable community

Yes, I would like to check my
US visa eligibility.
How Do I Get a US Work Visa?
  • "We are extremely pleased with the prompt, quick and courteous services of VisaPro in arranging our L1 visa. The process was handled very efficiently by VisaPro [legal] professionals. VisaPro is cost effective and a company to get the job done without any follow-ups required."

    - Matrix Laboratories Inc.
  • "VisaPro prepared my case accurately and quickly forwarded them to USCIS for further approval. If you prefer peace of mind and on-time services, VisaPro is definitely a good choice."

    - Northwest Contract Services
  • "VisaPro helps take the confusion and frustration out of the visa application process. They explained each step and what was required."

    - Monona Catering

We handled thousands of immigration matters successfully. Schedule A Consultation