Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Frequently Asked Questions

Home  >  Immigration Law FAQ  >  Work Visas  >  E-1

Your Immigration Questions Answered by VisaPro.

Here, you will find detailed answers to many of most common immigration questions.

1. What is E1 visa?
 The E-1 treaty trader visa is a nonimmigrant visa which allows foreign nationals of a treaty nation to enter into the U.S. and carry out substantial trade. A treaty trader belongs to a nation that maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation or a bilateral agreement with the U.S.
 Note: Trade includes commercial transactions in goods and trade in services and technology like banking, insurance, transportation, tourism, communications, data processing, advertising, accounting, design and engineering, management consulting, technology transfer and other measurable services which may be traded.

2. How do I qualify for E1 visa?
  You may qualify for E-1 visa if:
    You are an executive, manager or specialist in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., or you own 50 per cent of the company
    The nationals of your country own at least 50 per cent of the stock of the company, i.e., the firm has the nationality of the treaty country
    You are a citizen of a treaty trade country, and are involved in international trade
    You are the immediate family members of a principle E-1 visa holder

3. What privileges do I enjoy on E-1 visa?
 On E-1 visa, you may:
    Work legally in the U.S. for a U.S. company where more than 50 per cent of the business is trade between the U.S. and your home country

Travel freely in and out of the U.S.

    Stay in the U.S. on a prolonged basis with unlimited two year extensions as long as you maintain E-1 qualifications
    Bring your dependents to the U.S. Your spouse can also work in the U.S.

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next

Need More HELP!

Get Personalized Legal Advice from a VisaPro Attorney
Browse Tips and Procedures about Specific Visas
Discover More about VisaPro Legal Services

E1 Visa Process - Apply Online!
U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

More About E-1 Visa
Benefits of the E-1 Visa
Requirements for the
E-1 Visa
Applying for the E-1 Visa
Duration of Stay

How can we help you?
How do I fill Form I-129?
When do I start Green Card?

Discuss US Immigration
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!

On this topic E-1

DS-156, DS-156E, DS-157, I-129, I-129E, I-907
Green Card
Green Card Lottery


E1 Visa Process - Apply Online!
Our E-1 visa application service includes:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances.
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your E-1 visa application.
Accurate preparation of your E-1 visa application.
Submission of your E-1 visa application to the proper government agencies.
Online access to your case status.
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney.

Low Flat Fee: $1,950
Start Now

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!
1. Online Consultation
Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $79!
Consult Now

2. Telephone Consultation
Get a one half-hour telephone consultation with a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $75!
Consult Now