Call Us Today: 202-787-1944

Frequently Asked Questions

Home  >  Immigration Law FAQ  >  Other Visas  >  Advance Parole

Your Immigration Questions Answered by VisaPro.

Here, you will find detailed answers to many of most common immigration questions.

1. What is a travel document and who needs one?
 If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may need permission to return to the U.S. after traveling abroad. This permission is granted through a travel document. Travel documents are also given to foreign nationals who want to travel, but cannot get a passport from their country of nationality.

2. What is Advance Parole?
 Advance Parole is permission for certain foreign nationals, who do not have a valid immigrant visa, to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Such foreign nationals must be approved for Advance Parole before leaving the U.S. If you have not obtained Advance Parole prior to traveling abroad, you will not be permitted to re-enter the U.S. upon your return.

3. Who needs Advance Parole?
 As a foreign national in the U.S., you should, prior to departure, obtain Advance Parole if you have:
      Filed an Adjustment of Status application but have not received a decision from the USCIS
      Hold refugee or asylee status and intend to depart temporarily to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa in Canada and/or
      An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad

4. How do I file for Advance Parole?
  You must file Form I-131, Application for a Travel Document, complete with supporting documentation, photos and applicable fees with the USCIS.

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next

Need More HELP!

Get Personalized Legal Advice from a VisaPro Attorney
Browse Tips and Procedures about Specific Visas
Discover More about VisaPro Legal Services

Advance Parole - Apply Online!
U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!

More About Advance Parole
Benefits of Advance Parole
Requirements for Advance Parole
Applying for Advance Parole

How can we help you?
How do I fill Form I-129?
When do I start Green Card?

Discuss US Immigration
Receive latest immigration updates and free legal tips by e-mail. Sign up now!
Legal terms explained in plain English!

On this topic Advance Parole

Green Card
U.S. Citizenship


Advance Parole - Apply Online!
Our Advance Parole application service includes:
Complete review of all your personal circumstances.
Identification of important legal issues that may affect your Advance Parole application.
Accurate preparation of your Advance Parole application.
Submission of your Advance Parole application to the proper government agencies.
Online access to your case status.
Unlimited personal communication with your own VisaPro immigration attorney.

Low Flat Fee: $295
Start Now

U.S. Immigration Attorney - Consult Now!
1. Online Consultation
Get a detailed, written opinion online in less than 3 business days from a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $79!
Consult Now

2. Telephone Consultation
Get a one half-hour telephone consultation with a licensed immigration attorney.
Only $75!
Consult Now